The LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Set is the go-to STEAM learning tool for grade 6-8 students. Combining colorful LEGO building elements, easy-to-use hardware, and an intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch, SPIKE Prime continuously engages students through playful learning activities to think critically and solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. From easy-entry projects to limitless creative design possibilities, including the option to explore text-based coding with Python, SPIKE Prime helps students learn the essential STEAM and 21st century skills needed to become the innovative minds of tomorrow... while having fun!
• Sturdy storage box with sorting trays, programmable Hub, Distance Sensor, Force Sensor, Color Sensor, Large Motor, 2 Medium Motors and over 500 appealing LEGO® Technic™ elements in a fresh color palette.
• Programmable Hub features a 5x5 light matrix, 6 input/output ports, integrated 6-axis gyro, speaker, Bluetooth connectivity and rechargeable battery.
• The drag-and-drop coding environment for tablets and computers is rooted in the popular coding language based on Scratch used by millionsof children around the world.
• Engage students with 3 STEAM unit plans for grades 6-8 focused on Engineering and Computer Science, linked to curriculum standards, and mostly optimized for 45-minute sessions. Includes comprehensive online lesson plans and teacher support.
• Apply engineering design skills at each step of the design process.
• Develop efficient problem-solving and coding skills through decomposition of problems and algorithmic thinking.
• Design projects that combine hardware and software components to collect and exchange data.
• Work with variables, data arrays and cloud data.
• Apply critical thinking and develop life skills for the careers of tomorrow.
Inspire your secondary students to explore more advanced creations and continue to nurture their interest in STEAM learning with the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Expansion Set (45681). It comes with over 600 LEGO elements, including large wheels, gear racks, a Color Sensor and Large Motor, plus a unique Maker Plate for easy building with your choice of single board computing (SBC) devices. The set also combines with the SPIKE Prime Set (45678) and free SPIKE App to launch students and teachers into the exciting world of robotics competitions, with over 10 hours of curriculum-based, competition-ready learning.
LEGO® Technic™ and System elements in a fresh color palette, including 2 large wheels, gear racks, a Maker Plate for SBCs, Large Motor and Color Sensor.
The Maker Plate makes integrating your choice of single board computing devices fast and simple.
Combines with the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set (45678) and free SPIKE App to give over 10 hours of curriculum-based, competition-ready learning.
Includes comprehensive online lesson plans and teacher support.